Monday, May 21, 2007

Jam-in-a-Box

Sarah, meet box.

Sarah: "Hello, box."

Box, meet Sarah.

Box: *applies labels*

Sarah: "Hey, wait a minute. Why are you sticking those labels on me?"

Box: "It's the only way I know to reach a destination."

Sarah: "But...I wasn't made in Taiwan."

Box: "I don't want to hear your arguing. Quit blaming me for the label."

Sarah: "But...you put it there."

Box: "How else am I supposed to know what's in you?"

Sarah: "You can't understand me by applying labels. I'm not FDA approved."

Box: "Your label says you supply 100% Daily Value of anger and dissillusion."

Sarah: "But...I'm not angry."

Box: "Don't blame me for being angry! That's your problem."

Sarah: "But I'm not blaming you."

Box: "See label #329."

Sarah: *reads* "I'm confused. Why did you apply a label with a definition of soup?"

Box: "Because that's how you define it. I'm just making sure you're aware of how you define it."

Sarah: "But...soup can be cold."

Box: "I know it can be. You should listen to me when I say it can be cold."

Sarah: "..."

Box: *slaps another label on*

Sarah: "Can you stop labeling me? You're not labeling me correctly. I don't think any of your labels even apply to me."

Box: "Of course they do. I'm a box."

Sarah: "I know you're a box. But I'd rather take my chances with the cat."

Box: *confused*

Sarah: "You're just housing something within. It may or may not be alive but I would rather have that, not a box."

Box: "I'm just not the box you want. But that's okay, no matter what, I still want you."

Sarah: "You're missing the point."

Box: *labels*

Sarah: *gives up on box and ventures into lands of free cats with no labels*

No comments: